Prosper

Sunday, March 30, 2014

First Post!




Hello Everyone!

This is my first blog post.  My wife and I have both made many interesting financial decisions in the past 10+ years (we are both in our early 30s).  Luckily we have made many more good decisions than bad ones.  I am starting this blog because for the past few years things have gone exceptionally well for us financially and a lot of it is due to the financial knowledge we have gained along the way  Which is what we want to share with you!  Many of our peers do not know what to do with their money even after graduating from college and entering professional jobs.  Due to this I would like to begin blogging about our journey to hopefully help others become financially independent.  If you make the right choices in your 20s you absolutely can live a lifetime without financial stress or worry! 

Some of the items that we will blog about:
  • Changing jobs - my wife and I have both had some very interesting job changes!
  • Saving money - we both save about 35% of our income.. not as much as others blogging about financial independence but enough to have built a great cushion!
  • Net worth - how much should you have saved by the age of 30? 40?  how much do you need??
  • Reducing expenses - how to save lots of money and still love life
  • Bad financial choices - lets just say that I once bought a Hummer H2 and also spent a night in Vegas at a $1000 a hand blackjack table.. both true stories..
  • Property Management - we currently own 2 condos and a house.. will talk about how its going
  • Investments - so much to talk about here!  traditional investments and up and coming options like Peer-to-Peer lending
  • Humor - you may have already guessed.. but my wife can be far more entertaining that I can.. so when she posts I think you will all enjoy.

Whew! while I can certainly keep going and add to that list.  I think that gives us a great starting place.  Thank you so much for reading this and I look forward to adding more and more content and getting into the details.  Please comment and let me know if there are other topics of interest you would like to see covered in this blog.

Tom

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guardian wealth management is allow you to make financial decision . It is very important for every people in life .

    ReplyDelete